The Time Of My Life

letter T Vintage Brick Letter I IMG_2135 E letter O F letter M letter Y letter L letter I F Scrabble White Letter on Blue E

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Nest cookies

I've seen these around blogs and thought they were super cute to do for my Bible study group.  I had no idea how easy they would be to put together. I f you have a big kid who loves to bake or do crafts, they will really enjoy doing these. 
Ingredients:
12 oz. package of La Choy (or any brand I guess) chow mein noodles
12 oz. package of Hershey butterscotch morsels (1 3/4 cup). When I was at the store, I saw that there were chocolate chips and peanut butter chips. I think I will do those next time!
1 box of egg shaped Whoppers mini Robin eggs (or jelly beans, some kind of candy shaped like eggs).
How to make them:
Spray glass microwaveable bowl with nonstick spray (this helps with clean up)

Put the morsels in the bowl and microwave in 30 second intervals.
  
Mix in between each time until the consistency is like that of smooth peanut butter. 
Slowly add in the noodles a little at a time so that you can get all of them covered. 
Put parchment paper down on a baking sheet and spoon/form your nests out. 
If the butterscotch noodles start to dry out, just zap them again for 30 more seconds to make loose again. 
Place the eggs in your nest. After you have filled up your baking sheet, slowly pull the entire sheet of nests out onto a table to allow yourself more work space. 
Mine made 20 nests with eggs and one without. So, I ate the one without! I must say, these are super sweet. You will want to have some milk on hand to wash it all down. And you can probably get away with making double the amount, mine were kinda on the big side (they fit in the palm of my hand). 
These would be great to make with kids if you are reading about Spring, birds or the outdoors. 
These would also be cute for a tea or shower. 

2 comments:

  1. Super cute idea. And easy and yummy!!! Thanks for sharing. I'm going to do these!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are the easiest directions I have seen so far to make these! LOVE them! And I know my 3 year old would have a blast adding the eggs!

    Found you through Fingerprints on the Fridge!

    Kelly

    PS- I am hosting a giveaway on my blog right now for free hair accessories and would love for you to come enter!

    http://livingcraftilyeverafter.blogspot.com/2011/04/200-followers-and-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you. It totally makes my day to get your input and encouragement. I hope you have a blessed day!