The Time Of My Life

letter T Vintage Brick Letter I IMG_2135 E letter O F letter M letter Y letter L letter I F Scrabble White Letter on Blue E

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Turkey Stroganoff


If you know me, you know I'm not a fan of beef. So I tend to swap out lean ground turkey when a recipe calls for it. So, if you are a beef fan, you can swap it back.
Ingredients:
1 package of lean ground turkey
1/2 chopped onion
1/2 cup water
1 Tbsp. Worcestershire
1 (10 oz.) can mushroom soup
1 can low sodium beef broth (okay, I cheated here, but I did want the flavor to be right).
3 cups or a package of egg noodles
1/3 cup low fat sour cream
Directions:
In a large skillet, brown meat, add onions. 

Add soup, broth, Worcestershire, water. Once you got that all mixed up, add your noodles - yep, just as they are. 

Bring to a boil. Now, low stove top to medium, cover the skillet and cook for 10 minutes. 

You will want to uncover and stir, mixing the noodles in with the mixture more. 
Then, you will uncover and let the sauce thicken. 
I served mine with a salad and French bread. I also added a can of green beans (not pictured). 
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you. It totally makes my day to get your input and encouragement. I hope you have a blessed day!