This recipe is one of my favorites. I love it when others bring it to meetings. Tonight, I have L.I.F.T. (Ladies in Faith Together) at church. We always bring a snack to share. When I was making it, I thought it looked very patriotic. So, if you wanted, you could use it for Memorial Day coming up!
If you have a recipe like this, but it's different a little, I'd love to hear how you fix yours. I'm always tweaking recipes that I find.
* sugar cookie dough package (18 oz)
* 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
* 1/3 cup sugar
* 1/2 tsp. vanilla
* 1 Tbsp. lemon juice (it was too sweet for me, so I used the lemon juice to cut it a bit).
* small can crushed pineapple, try to get out the juice.
* berries and other fruit like kiwi, grapes, oranges (I don't use oranges because I'm allergic to them)
1. Roll out cookie dough onto pizza pan and bake to the directions on the package. Let cool completely.
2. Mix everything but the fruit together. I used a folk to really mix it well. Place in frig until ready to use.
3. After the cookie is cooled, smooth mixture on top.
4. Now, mix in your pineapple
5. Top with fruit
6. Refrigerate to set. My mom taught me to use toothpicks before placing plastic wrap on food so that the wrap doesn't stick to the food. Enjoy!
p.s. If you aren't yet, I'd love for you to be my friend here in blogland :) You can find me on Blogger or on FB or through e-mails.