The Time Of My Life

letter T Vintage Brick Letter I IMG_2135 E letter O F letter M letter Y letter L letter I F Scrabble White Letter on Blue E

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Southwest Chicken Soup and Cornbread

If you read yesterday's post, I said I kept some leftover chicken from the rotisserie chicken that I got from the store to make soup.  And today is very wet, so it's awesome to put together!

Southwest Chicken Soup
About 2 cups of cooked chicken
2 cans of mixed beans
2 cans of diced tomatoes (use Rotel if you like it spicy)
1 onion, chopped
1 package of Ranch 
1 package of taco seasoning 
1 can of corn, drained
1 can of chicken broth
Dump it all into a big pot and let it simmer on low, stir when you can.

I also made 
Jiffy cornbread 
I make is just like the package with one egg and 1/3 cup of milk, but I also add a can of creamed corn
Bake it until it's brown. 

What would you add to the Southwest soup or cornbread?



No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you. It totally makes my day to get your input and encouragement. I hope you have a blessed day!