The Time Of My Life

letter T Vintage Brick Letter I IMG_2135 E letter O F letter M letter Y letter L letter I F Scrabble White Letter on Blue E

Thursday, June 16, 2011

A quick snack



We just got home from a long two weeks mostly away from home. I say mostly because when we were at home, I was either at a friend's baby shower or at the hospital with my mom (who was very, very sick, but is now home getting better there).  We came home to nothing in the pantry or frig that I wanted.  Then, I remembered something my friends make for our Bible study group: Homemade cinnamon tortillas.  Super easy to do too.

Here's what you need:
Tortillas (I cut up 3, but I think 1 or 2 would do just fine)
Pam or other spray oil that is butter flavored
Cinnamon
Sugar or Splenda
Cut your tortillas in pieces 
Arrange on a cookie sheet and spray with your butter flavored oil
Generously sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar/Splenda
Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes or until they look toasted. Warning, if you are really hungry for a snack like I was, the amazing scent is almost too much to bear.  I couldn't wait to get my hands on the chips! Kinda think of it, if you are trying to sell your home or are having people over and you want your home to smell good, bake some of these babies up. 
In the past, I've had these when they are cooled.  But they are really yummy warmed up and fresh from the oven.  These keep pretty well in an air tight container for later snacking. 




2 comments:

  1. A few of my friends tried them the very night I posted this and they loved it. I hope you try them and like them too :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you. It totally makes my day to get your input and encouragement. I hope you have a blessed day!